Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #43
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yes I have heard of this over the years from some porting of heads cutting too much material out and that's where you take a chance on someone else's porting...Me myself I went with GMPP CNC ported because they never had that complaint, and $$$$$$$$$ and when I up grade again it will be GPIs max package but I still have a couple years to go paying off Daughters neuroscience degree...really... I would recommend for the price Dickey scoggins refresh of stock CNC ported GMPP heads for the price $$$4 it cannot be beat with the different comparisons over the years I have read on here...other than that your looking at real money like Lingenfelter. Livernois. Frankenstein. Mast...….

This is just another example of a recurring problem a Zombie thread brought back to life....Good Luck, only in some cases can you trust everything the aftermarket makes when it comes to some parts, knowledge is essential to even being able to inspect parts before installation...… Or you could try to find say a member who does hand port....LOL there was this one fellow...… On the east coast I believe long time member.... Names...………….. Bo White..LOL you will not gain that much with heads for one, you have to have a seriously starved engine with a really radical cam when the flow is needed to improve so much versus the stock heads great flow.....And then you have to make the ports size shape etc...for the purpose... And different aftermarket heads which there are a ton.....some will have very good features, some not so much, want reinforced pedestals? Lingenfelter makes them, etc etc etc
Old 02-17-2020, 10:33 AM   #44
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Ive got almost 30k on my PRC 260s
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:10 PM   #45
Navajo

Drives: 2012 SS Vert
At least the sent you a replacement, I bought long tubes and cat deletes and nothing fight right at all. Had to spend $400 at Muffin muffler for him to cut and re-weld X pipe. Joke of a company with no quality control.
Navajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #46
SuperChuck

Drives: 2013 1SS BlueRay Metallic
Man I do feel for you all and most of all the OP. I can relate alot. I understand you play you pay. But yes purchasing from reputable companies not under the bridge backyard part shops and getting boned really sucks. I came here and felt lile it was a toss up between TSP and GPI for top notch quality parts and customer care. I choose GPI due to only being 6 hours away. 9 months ago I purchased and paid for them to instal the GPI SS1 VVT cam package. Here recently at around 5k miles I had a collapsed lifter. Causing damage to the cam and now I'm waiting until the end of May to have the engine torn down and inspected for further damage. When I do get to rebuild I was strongly leaning toward TSP. After this post really unsure. Feel like no one is safe. Best of luck to you man.
SuperChuck is offline   Reply With Quote