The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Old 12-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Moving Threads To Camaro6

How come when mods move a thread that is 5th gen camaro related, or can be seen as that way, it is moved to a Camaro6 version of the site that the majority of us Camaro5 users don't visit?

Example; a gentleman posted in the general discussion about an issue he was having with a vendor and the mods moved it to the vendor feedback section, as they should. But they moved it to the Camaro6 vender feedback section, not the one here on Camaro5. Here is a link to where it was moved to: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517140

If a member is posting here on Camaro5, chances are he intended it to be on Camaro5, not Camaro6. If we don't catch the moved icon that shows for a short time after mods move it, we risk not seeing the thread at all. I've seen this happen before. Especially if someone creates a thread on Camaro5 that already exists on Camaro6, so it gets deleted or merged with the Camaro6 thread, yet we can't see it because we browse Camaro5. That's something that I don't quite understand and have been meaning to address. Is it as simple as mods thinking we can see both sites threads? Because that is not the case unfortunately lol
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 06:21 PM   #2
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
+1, I clicked a thread yesterday that brought me to Camaro6..
StreetRage320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm going to guess that in that particular case, there was a mistake made. Since its 1 giant forum, all subforums are listed in a single group when moving threads. So its fairly easy to accidentally move threads to a sister section on one of the other sites, especially if its low on the list. Sometimes you jump past the Camaro5 group and into the Camaro6 or Corvette7 group. I've caught myself a few times sending threads over to Corvette7 by mistake.

Other times, if its something that is part of the shared 'Members Area' portion of the site (Off-topic, General Automotive, Fest, etc) it only looks like its on the other site. All threads in that group are visible to everyone, no matter where they're coming from.

As for merging duplicated threads ... I don't understand the problem. If a topic belongs on Camaro6, why woudn't you want to talk about it on Camaro6?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #4
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I'm going to guess that in that particular case, there was a mistake made. Since its 1 giant forum, all subforums are listed in a single group when moving threads. So its fairly easy to accidentally move threads to a sister section on one of the other sites, especially if its low on the list. Sometimes you jump past the Camaro5 group and into the Camaro6 or Corvette7 group. I've caught myself a few times sending threads over to Corvette7 by mistake.

Other times, if its something that is part of the shared 'Members Area' portion of the site (Off-topic, General Automotive, Fest, etc) it only looks like its on the other site. All threads in that group are visible to everyone, no matter where they're coming from.

As for merging duplicated threads ... I don't understand the problem. If a topic belongs on Camaro6, why woudn't you want to talk about it on Camaro6?
That makes sense. But for the last part there, I guess my reply would be that if a thread is started on Camaro6 and not in a shared portion of the site, us users here on Camaro5 don't see that it's already created. That's one reason it could be a duplicate. So if it's merged with a Camaro6 thread that we didn't know existed before, should we miss that it got merged, we might just assume it was deleted and no longer be able to contribute to it. I can't speak for everyone, but myself thought Camaro6 to be for 6th gen camaro owners to talk about whatever and Camaro5 the same for 5th gen camaro owners, not that in order to discuss a topic concerning the opposite generation camaro that you need to switch forums entirely to discuss it. I can see how that would be useful in keeping clutter down but may be confusing to those of us who thought Camaro6 to be a completely separate forum and that we would still be able to post and discuss 6th gen related topics here.

Which really isn't an issue, I don't find myself wanting to create threads or view threads concerning the 6th gen as I don't have one lol the main concern was 5th gen related threads being moved to another forum but you've already addressed that, so thank you!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 01:40 AM   #5
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:

When are you going to lift this valued and trusted long time member of Camaro 5s ban from Camaro 6. If you check my track record im far from trouble and should have full access to all this forum offers.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
When are you going to lift this valued and trusted long time member of Camaro 5s ban from Camaro 6. If you check my track record im far from trouble and should have full access to all this forum offers.
?

I see nothing indicating that you are banned from Camaro6. For one thing, if you were, I don't think you'd be able to post on Camaro5 either (or Corvette7). And that post shows you as a normal member when viewed from Camaro6:
Name:  rontammy0.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  106.8 KB
Assuming that its something other than simply not having logged into Camaro6, all I can suggest is that you should try contacting Tran.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
?

I see nothing indicating that you are banned from Camaro6. For one thing, if you were, I don't think you'd be able to post on Camaro5 either (or Corvette7). And that post shows you as a normal member when viewed from Camaro6:
Attachment 914064
Assuming that its something other than simply not having logged into Camaro6, all I can suggest is that you should try contacting Tran.
I have tried messaging him a few times now.....the only thing that guy returns is the Christmas present someone gave him that he didnt like.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #8
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
How about having the Motorsports Section accessible in Camaro6, since that is now what is used in most sanctioning bodies.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote