Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #1
respawn

Drives: 2010 Syn Green LE Camaro
What are Dealer IMR and LMA Group Contributions? And should I pay it?

I am negotiating a price on a new Camaro and using edmunds.com as a reference. Everything matches up but the dealership says there are things on their invoices that edmunds doesnt show like Dealer IMR Contribution and LMA Group Contributions of $250 each. That's $500 extra expense. Is that for real or just like the "market adjustment" price which is just the dealer trying to add on more money?

Thanks!
respawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by respawn View Post
I am negotiating a price on a new Camaro and using edmunds.com as a reference. Everything matches up but the dealership says there are things on their invoices that edmunds doesnt show like Dealer IMR Contribution and LMA Group Contributions of $250 each. That's $500 extra expense. Is that for real or just like the "market adjustment" price which is just the dealer trying to add on more money?

Thanks!
These are real things paid by most dealerships. It has to do with "Local Market Advertising". Not all dealerships participate, but for those of us that do it is a real expense.

I have an invoice sitting next to me for a 2LT/RS Auto. The Adv is $310.30 x 2. $620.60.
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
respawn

Drives: 2010 Syn Green LE Camaro
So, it is something I should expect to pay then? I would be better off finding a dealership that does not participate in the program (save me $500)?
respawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
MemphisRaines

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Here is a link from a Cadillac forum....

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-consist.html
MemphisRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:33 PM   #5
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by respawn View Post
So, it is something I should expect to pay then? I would be better off finding a dealership that does not participate in the program (save me $500)?
Yes, it is something the dealer pays and is added to the invoice price (their cost) and customers should negotiate from this point up. By the way, most dealers participate in iMR and an overwhelming majority particpate in LMA groups. The ones who don't do have a small price advantage but, in my experience, these are not the dealers you want to be doing business with. They will get you other ways. Usually, they are the one's who sell you a car and then forget you. Most standup dealers contribute to group advertising, supporting the growth of the Chevy brand with their fellow dealers, and in doing so have a long term interest in their business and you as a customer.