Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #1
Vashthestampede

Drives: 2015 2SS RS 1LE
First impressions of the Camaro

With only 250 miles on the odometer, I've hardly had enough time behind the wheel to fully evaluate the Camaro, but my initial impression is that of a good one.
This car is fun to drive!I have a fun car (turbo miata), which I've owned for the last 10 years.It has always been my "toy" but also at times my daily driver. Other cars I've owned have also been near and dear to me, but not on the same level of enjoyment. This Camaro makes me smile. I literally have a shit eating grin on my face every time I take it out. Between the way it performs, looks and sounds, it just forces me to enjoy it.
I've also noticed that I tend to drive the car harder than others I've owned. Not sure if it's to hear the exhaust or to get pushed into the seat, but either way it's happening. The car drives very well at a regular pace. You can behave like a human being and it doesn't feel like its unnatural. On the flip side, when you romp on it the car comes to life. Yes, this is not the fastest car there is. Matter of fact, I'm certain that my miata would leave this car behind at a launch. This car is fast enough (for now) and drives like a solid, well balanced car should, right from the get go.
Another observation is people on the road. Lots of looks for sure, but not as many if it were red, yellow, green, etc. This is good though, but color choice is always a personal preference anyways. "Classy" and "mean lookin son of a bitch" have been used to describe this car. Then there's tailgaters. For some reason or another people do not follow this car close. Yes, they will speed right up to me like all asshole tailgaters do, but it seems they keep much more of a distance.
Sure this car has had a few small hiccups, but from what I've been reading on this forum they all appear to be normal. The hard shift to second being the worst of them all. The radio is decent, but I think it depends on the music genre on how "bad" it really is. XM radio is probably the only thing that actually sounds terrible to me. Visibility isn't that of a 4 door sedan, but then again, I knew that when buying the thing. Not nearly as bad as trying to drive a 1973 Autocar boomtruck.
Overall the Camaro leaves me feeling good about the purchase. My insurance didn't go up much and the fun factor tripled from that of my last daily, which was a 2007 Nissan Altima. Living in the NE means shit conditions on the roads right now, but that's ok. That's what soap and water is for. Once the weather breaks in another week or so I look forward to taking it home every day, but until then, I will sneak my rides in when I can!
Happy to have joined the club.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:46 AM   #2
sd1611

Drives: 2014 1SS RS- RRM - NPP Exhaust
Welcome to the club. Good write-up and nice looking ride. I have also noticed many of the things you mentioned. I came from driving an RX8 and I did not get near as many looks while driving that as I do in my Camaro. I love this car.

Last edited by sd1611; 03-21-2015 at 05:50 PM.
sd1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:48 AM   #3
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
This Camaro makes me smile. I literally have a shit eating grin on my face every time I take it out. Between the way it performs, looks and sounds, it just forces me to enjoy it.
It's called Perma-grin. Welcome to the club.

Last edited by Squillo; 03-21-2015 at 09:26 AM.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:23 AM   #4
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Beautiful car. Hope you enjoy it for a long time.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
IOMCamaroSS
#PrimeCamaros

Drives: IOM '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
This car is fun to drive! Other cars I've owned have also been near and dear to me, but not on the same level of enjoyment.

This Camaro makes me smile. I literally have a shit eating grin on my face every time I take it out. Between the way it performs, looks and sounds, it just forces me to enjoy it.

I've also noticed that I tend to drive the car harder than others I've owned. Not sure if it's to hear the exhaust or to get pushed into the seat, but either way it's happening.
All of this. lol
Old 03-21-2015, 10:36 AM   #6
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
to the family. Great right up and the perma-grin, umm.. just get used to it. Your fun has only begun
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:51 AM   #7
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
to the family. Great right up and the perma-grin, umm.. just get used to it. Your fun has only begun
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #8
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Welcome.

Great write up!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #9
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Welcome, great write up & I feel exactly the same 4 years later. Also in NE waiting for the weather to break. Another week - WooHoo!
Old 03-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #10
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I went from a 122 HP Sentra to a 426 HP pony car

It's something else to drive for sure, welcome to the club. Sick ride.
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:37 PM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Congrats and welcome to C5! It only gets better...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 02:25 PM   #12
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Welcome! Nice ride...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:30 PM   #13
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Welcome.......dont mention the term miata again.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:38 PM   #14
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Yep, that's permagrin... I got my car in October 2012 and I still feel the same way too, this car never gets old. Enjoy!
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote