Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Question for PDR pros

is there a place on the camaro that can't be accessed to remove a dent? I have a very faint dent above one of my doors that is on the curved spot that transitions to the roof top, it is not always noticeable but was thinking about having a PDR person take it out or at least make it even less noticeable. have a couple more faint ones that you can only see in bright sun light over the front wheels beside the engine compartment. figure I could have it done all at once early next year.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
DylanVK

Drives: a few
I'm not an expert, but I've worked with a number of very good PDR guys over the years as part of more thorough restorative detail projects.

To answer the question - There are very few dents that can't be worked out to some degree or another by a skilled PDR guy. I've seen them get into some places I'd NEVER think they could to fix things.

Odds are a good PDR guy will be able to fix all the problem spots, or at the very least make them much less noticeable.

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
Odds are a good PDR guy will be able to fix all the problem spots, or at the very least make them much less noticeable.
Thanks Dylan, kind of thought that. was pretty amazed when my guy took out three BB shots someone placed in my trunk lid, if you looked at them from several angles you might detect something, really hard to see where they were. 95 out of a hundred couldn't pick the spot out if told them the general area to look. pretty impressive stuff

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
Thanks Dylan, kind of thought that. was pretty amazed when my guy took out three BB shots someone placed in my trunk lid, if you looked at them from several angles you might detect something, really hard to see where they were. 95 out of a hundred couldn't pick the spot out if told them the general area to look. pretty impressive stuff
95 out of 100? Didn't your math teacher ever tell you to simplify your fractions? 19/20 is more appropriate
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
95/100 <> 19/20 when talking about sampling. Sample size matters.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
kiteman

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro, 2SS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@SCG View Post
I'm not an expert, but I've worked with a number of very good PDR guys over the years as part of more thorough restorative detail projects.

To answer the question - There are very few dents that can't be worked out to some degree or another by a skilled PDR guy. I've seen them get into some places I'd NEVER think they could to fix things.

The spot right by the word camaro on the side of your car is pretty much impossible it's on the C side rather than the O side. I have a huge one there and no PDR will tackle it.
kiteman is offline   Reply With Quote