The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Stingray Photos, Videos, Media

Old 05-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
hammersf

Drives: Black Z51 Coupe
Z51 without MRC ride quality ?

With road test drive comparison ....Z51 w/wo MRC....not possible, any feedback on ride quality from those who have driven the C7 Z51 without MRC ?
hammersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #2
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Mine doesn't have MSRC and it's fine to drive daily. A Z51 with MSRC will still be the most versatile, from comfort to firm... but this doesn't at all translate that a C7 without it would ride like a construction truck because it doesn't. Mine feels like a firm well-balanced sports car as it should be yet still comfy for leisurely cruising.

Pesonally I think it's blown out of proportion since the C7's ride quality is fine whether base or fully loaded. As far as its sporty handling demeanor, think of the C7 as a great handling sports car in base form, and then better w/ the Z51 suspension, and ultimately the best with the MSRC added. My dos centavos...
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
Hulkamaniac
Livin' the Dream

Drives: '23 Charger GT, '23 Stingray
My ZL1 had Magnetic Ride and I knew right away that my C7 would also have it.

My C7 has it and I LOVE IT!

Hulkamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:23 PM   #4
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
I agree with Stingray - I have Z51 without MRC and have driven it literally every day since October 4. I have over 11,000 real-world miles on crappy Midwest roads, and have no complaints whatsoever. Is the ride firm? Absolutely! Is it unbearable? Not at all! It IS a sports car, and by their very nature the ride will be noticeably stiffer than pretty much any other class of car on the road. And keep in mind, even with MRC, the ride will be a little more firm than your typical car - the very short sidewalls on the run-flat tires don't have much give, and will tend to transmit a fair amount of road roughness. But is by no means unbearable - I've made a couple of 700+ mile road trips with complete comfort!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote