Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Swampmonster

Drives: Black 2011 camaro 2ss
Need help!

i got in my car tonight after it had sat for hours and it said turn ac off due to high engine temp. I look at the temp and its on c, not even a little past the line. I drive home which is about 15 mins away, plenty of time for the guage to move a little, and when I get home, same. its still on c. so I turn it off and crank it back up, still the same warning and the needle is still on c after idling for 5 mins and drive around the block. any ideas? I also popped the hood and it seemed just like it always is when I pop the hood. and also lately it just clicks when I go to crank it up, and eventually after a try or 2 it will crank up or if I hold the key forward it will click sit for a little bit and then crank up. whats going on with my Camaro?
Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 AM   #2
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
i got in my car tonight after it had sat for hours and it said turn ac off due to high engine temp. I look at the temp and its on c, not even a little past the line. I drive home which is about 15 mins away, plenty of time for the guage to move a little, and when I get home, same. its still on c. so I turn it off and crank it back up, still the same warning and the needle is still on c after idling for 5 mins and drive around the block. any ideas? I also popped the hood and it seemed just like it always is when I pop the hood.
Take it to the dealership immediately, lately there have 2 or 3 Camaros that sat for 2-4 hours and caught fire. I would take it to the dealership.
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
Swampmonster

caught fire?! wow, what happened to them?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #4
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
caught fire?! wow, what happened to them?
No injuries, all total loss, and one set fire to an Equinox parked close by.
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
Swampmonster

that is crazy! you know the cause of it?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #6
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
One of them was the positive jump terminal under the hood, the other one happened closer to the back of the engine, still to be determined.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
i got in my car tonight after it had sat for hours and it said turn ac off due to high engine temp. I look at the temp and its on c, not even a little past the line. I drive home which is about 15 mins away, plenty of time for the guage to move a little, and when I get home, same. its still on c. so I turn it off and crank it back up, still the same warning and the needle is still on c after idling for 5 mins and drive around the block. any ideas? I also popped the hood and it seemed just like it always is when I pop the hood. and also lately it just clicks when I go to crank it up, and eventually after a try or 2 it will crank up or if I hold the key forward it will click sit for a little bit and then crank up. whats going on with my Camaro?
Hello Swampmonster,

Sorry your experiencing some issue with your vehicle. I would like to look into this issue further for you. Could you private message me your VIN and current mileage. I can also help set up your dealer visit as well if you like. I will update you on next steps once I've received your VIN information.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care