Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-20-2013, 07:54 AM   #1
berger6696

Drives: 97 Vette (sold), 13 SS 1LE
Code 0442 - Supercharged, Headers, Warranty?

Car has 1500 miles on it and yesterday service engine light came on. I called onstar and they told me it was the small emissions leak code P0442. She said to drive it 7 more times and if it is still on, take it to dealer. Is this something that should go to the tuner instead? Will this be covered under warranty if I take it to the dealer? Is there a way for me to see/clear the codes without a scanner?
berger6696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger6696 View Post
Car has 1500 miles on it and yesterday service engine light came on. I called onstar and they told me it was the small emissions leak code P0442. She said to drive it 7 more times and if it is still on, take it to dealer. Is this something that should go to the tuner instead? Will this be covered under warranty if I take it to the dealer? Is there a way for me to see/clear the codes without a scanner?
Go to any auto parts store and they will do it for free for you. Autozone, advanced auto, oriellys. They will read the code and can delete it as well. It would probably not be covered under warranty unless it's one of the from the factory superchargers you order through gm
Old 10-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Just throwing this out there is your Gas cap closed all the way? That is one of the biggest causes for that code
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger6696 View Post
I see from your avatar that you have a supercharger which in most cases comes with either a Diablo or SCT tuner both can read and clear codes.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote