Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-21-2023, 10:02 PM   #1
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Question MichelinCrossClimate2

Has anyone ran these (MichelinCrossClimate2) on their Camaro?

I recently moved to a very snowy place and heard they were the best All Season tire for snow, but I'm not sure how well they handle the V8 Camaro's power.

For the record, I am not going to be going over the ~140mph max speed of these tires if I get them. I very rarely go over 100.
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 10:59 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I have them on the wife’s Cruze and they seem like a good tire. Unfortunately they don’t come in the right sizes for the 2SS. There are numerous threads about all-season tires in the forum to help you compare your options. The Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 PLUS is a popular all-season tire with good snow traction. You might be better off to buy a set of 18” wheels and dedicated snow tires for winter driving if you’re concerned about traction. You might be able to pick up a set of used wheels and tires for a decent price in the marketplace.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:10 AM   #3
FrostZ

Drives: 2019 A10 ZL1
Cross Climate 2's are fantastic tires I have over 50K on my daily Charger and they have seen 2 New England winters now with zero issues even in fairly heavy snow. Unfortunately as Mark said they are unavailable in the rear tire size so you would have to choose a different tire. You could change to a different tire size in the rear like a 245/45/19 which is extremely close in overall diameter and a better width for snow anyways but that needs a new rim of course.