Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Finally spotted one in public!!

This morning on my way to work I decide to not go my normal route, by Starbucks etc... and decide to hurry to work (also because I was late for my meeting) By doing so I take a path right in front of a local "price gouging" dealer. At the last second I decide to look over into the lot and what do I see? A huge ray of light shining from Heaven!! on a brand new 2010 black Camaro!!! My heart skipped a beat, the first time I have ever seen one in the wild, what a glorious day this would be I thought... but I could not stop... I had a meeting to get to. Long story short, I got the locations of my meeting mixed up, it was actually another hours drive further than I thought, so I had to call and cancel. By this time I was at work an hour away from the Camaro already so I had to wait... wondering if it would still be there when I got off work... thinking it was a pre order. To date this has been the longest day of my life!!!

So I'm headed home and the anticipation is killing me, and I am thinking to myself if I am this excited now I swear I am going to pass out when I go to pick mine up...

So I get to the dealer, and it's still there. I am greeted by a nice gentleman who shares the same name, he was very polite, much better than some of my previous visits to this dealer. He says go ahead look at it, a hundred others already have today... at first I felt like I was having sloppy seconds, then I thought... WHO AM I KIDDING!! I'LL TAKE EM!!!

Okay the car is black as I mentioned, it is a 1LT gray cloth interior. I did not take a bunch of body shots etc... as we have seen tons. So I took shots of things that have come up on this thread. The one picture I did not get and wish I had, was the trunk release button, it is located on teh driver side door, which is convenient when your spinning around out of the car to head to the trunk a quick poke of the button and POP! it opens right up.

My impression first.

1.) Black looks nice... but it's... black... plain ol black... I like plain o white too but I went with ABM for a reason... there was a IOM HR next to it, so I used my visualization mad skillz to imagine it on the Camaro... WOW oh and I've seen CGM on the vette too, WOW both very nice, can't wait to see my ABM.

2.) Being 6'-2" tall 330 pounds, the head room with the sunroof was well not so much. My head rubbed on the interior if I sat up straight and proper in the seat, which happened to be the most comfortable seating position. Keep in mind I have a tall Torso, and sorter legs, where as some/most tall people have the long legs short torso.

3.) Overall I loved the interior! Wish it was a SS so I could see and feel the leather and the ABL/Acrylic panels, mail slot, you name it. The seats were comfortable, but I wonder about how the cushion will hold up in time... especially with my big ol butt... LOL

4.) The stereo controls are very simple and easy to use, very user friendly!! Best factory interface I have seen to date. The Heating and AC control are really easy to use and straight forward, I have seen some of these other cars that have so many buttons and stuff that you will get into an accident trying to turn the air down... my moms Sienna is like that... frustrating...

5.) The high belt line low top is awesome, makes for a great sporty feel, I found visibility to be fine for this type of vehicle... it's not a Sienna minivan after all... LOL

6.) The windows have an awesome feature, (window indexing, should have said what it was in original post) when you open the door they drop about a half inch, so that when you close the door you don''t end up creating a concussion of air, making it more difficult to shut the door, then when the door is closed it rolls all the way up. Very cool to see it in action.

7.) Like many have said... to see this car in person is amazing!!! Loved the experience I sat in it forever, I did not want to get out.

EDIT:
I forgot... The wheels were Polished... but they look to have machine swirl marks in them... like they were not polished very well? I did not get a pic sorry, but that is weird.
Also, The windshield wiper sprayers are located under the hood, in the cowl... very nice and hidden.

Now to the pictures.

I took this for the alignment issue that reared it's head? in speculation? well it's not dead on... but close enough

I found this interesting, I could have sworn the USB plug was to the front of the car, but I found it to be towards the back of the glove box... on the other wall so to speak.

I've never seen it without the 4 pack gauges so I decided to take a pic in case no one else has either. I kind of like it, nice place for a cell phone, plus there is a 12Volt DC plug next to the traction control button for charging.

Steering wheel control, easy to reach for my big thumbs.

Headlight and fog light switch etc...

I don't know why, but I was caught off guard, I never noticed the big ol air vents right above the stereo... LOL so I took a picture of it.

Last edited by SummoneR; 04-30-2009 at 01:12 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:57 AM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
FYI, acrylic/ABL is on 2LT and 2SS (cars with leather interior).
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
FYI, acrylic/ABL is on 2LT and 2SS (cars with leather interior).
ahhh yes, this I know, I was really meaning I wish it had been a 2SS period, not just for those features... but for all the others, i.e. motor etc... should have been more clear.
Thanks though wOOt.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:03 AM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I love this car. Inside and out. Name:  cool.gif
Views: 794
Size:  288 Bytes
Old 04-30-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Vette's have had window indexing since 05. It works well sealing the windows at high speeds since the glass is actually seated inside a channel in the weather stripping. Even at at freeway speeds wind noise should be almost eliminated.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 01:55 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Cool pix and cool story. I'm glad you finally got to check one out.

And....told ya (and everyone else) us big guys would be able to fit!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:34 AM   #7
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Good job! I've never seen it without the 4-pack guages... kinda cool... but I wouldn't trade it for my 2SS
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:53 AM   #8
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
I've got to check that door alignment again. My wife is ANAL about that kind of stuff and I would never hear the end of it.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:04 AM   #9
LnLSS
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2015 Red Hot ZL1
ahh Damn X pics again guess I have to wait until I get home to see them. Photobucket has got to go :p~.
LnLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #10
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Thanks for sharing... nice write-up and I always like pics with new angles
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:24 AM   #11
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Cool pix and cool story. I'm glad you finally got to check one out.

And....told ya (and everyone else) us big guys would be able to fit!!!
Thanks TAG!
Yup! But I still plan to try and lose at least 50 pounds before I get it though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
Good job! I've never seen it without the 4-pack guages... kinda cool... but I wouldn't trade it for my 2SS
Thanks, me either! 2SS FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnLSS View Post
ahh Damn X pics again guess I have to wait until I get home to see them. Photobucket has got to go :p~.
Yeah I know I am thinking of switching to another site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Thanks for sharing... nice write-up and I always like pics with new angles
Thanks! Yeah I figured something different was in order, I may go back tomorrow to get the trunk release and some other shots. Like the swirl marks in the wheels.

it was vin# 3551 I believe.

To me it was overall smaller than it appears in pictures, I kept trying to picture it the size of a mustang but could not do it, until now. I really is an amazing car to look at
Old 05-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #12
stangvert

Drives: stang vert
saw a red one last night. I just ordered one.
stangvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #13
MustangSlayer10

Drives: Richland Chevy
Umm where exactly is this car and dealer. Woud love to be able to check out the cloth seats and such before I order
MustangSlayer10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #14
stangvert

Drives: stang vert
cloth seat is like the new mustang cloth seat.
stangvert is offline   Reply With Quote