Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-30-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
Samp
Banned

Drives: 2010 chevrolet camaro
Air conditioning issue

Sorry to make this my first post, but I found you when I was researching this problem....I’ve searched the forum and the internet...and found nothing so far.

I have a 2010 SS and the ac will blow freezing cold and operate perfect...

After some time on the road, it stops blowing cold air and begins blowing coolish air with less air blowing altogether.

I checked the drain plug, but if you know where that sumbitch is, you know you can only really check the grommet. Also once I park, there’s plenty of water on the ground.

No ice forms on the tubes and pipes. And recently blew a little water through the center vents. The carpets are dry all around..

A 5th of whatever to whomever can solve this. I’ve talked to a dozen experts over the years and I swear to you, they each said a different thing...lol

Thank you for your consideration.
Samp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #2
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samp View Post
Sorry to make this my first post, but I found you when I was researching this problem....I’ve searched the forum and the internet...and found nothing so far.

I have a 2010 SS and the ac will blow freezing cold and operate perfect...

After some time on the road, it stops blowing cold air and begins blowing coolish air with less air blowing altogether.

I checked the drain plug, but if you know where that sumbitch is, you know you can only really check the grommet. Also once I park, there’s plenty of water on the ground.

No ice forms on the tubes and pipes. And recently blew a little water through the center vents. The carpets are dry all around..

A 5th of whatever to whomever can solve this. I’ve talked to a dozen experts over the years and I swear to you, they each said a different thing...lol

Thank you for your consideration.
Hello and welcome. First things first, you need to put a set of gauges on this and check your pressures to ensure you are where you need to be both on the low side and the high side. If pressures are good then while outside make sure you radiator fans are running when the a/c is on. Now for the next step, you need to put a thermometer in your drivers side vent so you know exactly what temp the air is. You said that the air not only gets warmer but also slows down which sounds to me like the actuator or the door is messed up. I'm sure you know where this is located under the dash but it could be as simple as the blend door but it also could be a combination of the blend door and the actuator or blower motor. A licensed a/c shop should be able to figure this out with no problem at all as this is just a process of elimination. As I said earlier though its imperative to put a set of gauges on the car so you can tell if there are any issues within the system first and foremost then you can continue on from there. I'm sure some other folks will chime in here but I hope this helps out some and gives you some ideas to check.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
Samp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd853 View Post
Hello and welcome. First things first, you need to put a set of gauges on this and check your pressures to ensure you are where you need to be both on the low side and the high side. If pressures are good then while outside make sure you radiator fans are running when the a/c is on. Now for the next step, you need to put a thermometer in your drivers side vent so you know exactly what temp the air is. You said that the air not only gets warmer but also slows down which sounds to me like the actuator or the door is messed up. I'm sure you know where this is located under the dash but it could be as simple as the blend door but it also could be a combination of the blend door and the actuator or blower motor. A licensed a/c shop should be able to figure this out with no problem at all as this is just a process of elimination. As I said earlier though its imperative to put a set of gauges on the car so you can tell if there are any issues within the system first and foremost then you can continue on from there. I'm sure some other folks will chime in here but I hope this helps out some and gives you some ideas to check.

In response. I should have included that I had the freon checked as well as the pressures and it was good to go. The same day I went to a dealership where the service manager plugged something into the osd and told me it all checks out ok.

I’ll be looking for that ac shop...
Old 07-31-2020, 08:23 AM   #4
tazman

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Search for the blend door problem these cars have, there are some good threads on here to help you out.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:56 AM   #5
Samp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman View Post
Search for the blend door problem these cars have, there are some good threads on here to help you out.
I thought of that. Do the symptoms fit that course of action? If so will you elaborate on what to look for? TYVM
Old 07-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #6
tazman

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I'm no expert on this and have not had the problem but I would imagine when changing the dial for the temperature you will not see changes in the temperature coming out the vents.