Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #1
jeffbn

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Best LT1 M6 NPP Exhaust Setup Poll

Hey all,

Now that most of the aftermarket exhaust manufacturers have produced a wide variety of options for the 2016 Camaro, I thought I would poll the community to see what system you would choose if you were in my position, and why...

Considering my 2SS will be an M6 with the NPP setup, I'm looking for a system that can be stealth-like in Tour mode, and break my eardrums in Track mode (with absolutely no drone though!!). Going to start with a cat-back configuration, with the capability of swapping out the headers with a tune at a later date.

Let me know what you guys think!

3/19/16 - 1100
5/9/16 - TPW
jeffbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:35 AM   #2
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
I love how the Stainless Works axelback system sounds. It's what I will get, I think the borla system sounds good too but it will probably be much more common and I like my stuff to be just a little off par.

6:40 and 8:11

Old 05-24-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
What poll?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #4
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
I intend to retain my NPP muffler and do a 2nd Cat delete and X pipe back to the Muffler. I'm looking for a bolt in/bolt out system..Aftermarket is working on this I believe..

Not interested in cutting and welding as I want the ability to return the car to stock at sale..
Old 05-24-2016, 12:01 PM   #5
jeffbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
What poll?
SS 1LE,

I'm just looking to poll the community for their thoughts/opinions. This thread doesn't have an actual multiple choice poll as the responses could be quite varied.

3/19/16 - 1100
5/9/16 - TPW
Old 05-24-2016, 12:11 PM   #6
jeffbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookShow'84 View Post
I love how the Stainless Works axelback system sounds. It's what I will get, I think the borla system sounds good too but it will probably be much more common and I like my stuff to be just a little off par.

6:40 and 8:11

Hey SpookShow84,

I read somewhere on another thread that the SW systems produce quite a bit of drone. Can you (or anyone else here) confirm/deny that?

3/19/16 - 1100
5/9/16 - TPW
Old 05-24-2016, 12:17 PM   #7
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
my new afe power system sounds awesome!
kropscamaro16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #8
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Sorry I can't say. Up to this point I've been a flowmaster guy in the hotrod/muscle car circle.

I'd e-mail SW. That video has some in car clips so it's possible there is some edited out video they have that would cover the amount of cabin noise just cruising down the road.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #9
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
For me I really enjoy the way the NPP system sounds as it comes from factory. Probably one of the best sounding factory exhaust on the market IMO.

What I did was delete my secondary cats. Very easy and low cost. The biggest thing is you don't notice a difference at idle, but it will blast your eardrums at full throttle. Plus you still retain NPP functions and can toss it in stealth mode at any time.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 09:15 AM   #10
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
I intend to retain my NPP muffler and do a 2nd Cat delete and X pipe back to the Muffler. I'm looking for a bolt in/bolt out system..Aftermarket is working on this I believe..

Not interested in cutting and welding as I want the ability to return the car to stock at sale..
I have to ask why?

Most people who buy sports cars love an updated exhaust sound and you wont make much money taking the parts off and reselling them.

Just curious.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:23 AM   #11
Modshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
I have to ask why?

Most people who buy sports cars love an updated exhaust sound and you wont make much money taking the parts off and reselling them.

Just curious.
The secret to maximizing your return when you sell (and I rarely keep a car for an extended period) is to return to stock and sell off your performance stuff. The stock parts are worthless for anything else. Just stick em in the garage until it's time. I've done this with most every car in the past 15 years and have gotten as high as an 80% return on sold parts if you buy quality stuff at the right price. I peeled $12K worth of stuff off my Audi TT, $5K off my GTi, $6K off my Mustang and all were still moderately and nicely modded in the end making them an easy sale (usually to forum guys who know my cars) . I enjoyed the mods and modding and got a good percentage of my money back in the end. Selling a car with the perf. stuff left on is like giving away money as few are willing to pay for your good taste (or lack of it). Nothing like a poorly modified, hacked up car with to bring it's value down. You limit your potential buyers significantly.

Last edited by Modshack; 05-25-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:35 AM   #12
bballr4567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
The secret to maximizing your return when you sell (and I rarely keep a car for an extended period) is to return to stock and sell off your performance stuff. The stock parts are worthless for anything else. Just stick em in the garage until it's time. I've done this with most every car in the past 15 years and have gotten as high as an 80% return on sold parts if you buy quality stuff at the right price. I peeled $12K worth of stuff off my Audi TT, $5K off my GTi, $6K off my Mustang and all were still moderately and nicely modded in the end making them an easy sale (usually to forum guys who know my cars) . Selling a car with the perf. stuff left on is like giving away money as few are willing to pay for your good taste (or lack of it). Nothing like a poorly modified, hacked up car with to bring it's value down.
Yea but its exhaust. Just an odd thing I guess. If it was something else I can see such as a completely modded suspension but I can understand. Lots of work but if the returns are good its worth it.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:40 AM   #13
Modshack

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Yea but its exhaust. Just an odd thing I guess. If it was something else I can see such as a completely modded suspension but I can understand. Lots of work but if the returns are good its worth it.
I have a lift, I do my own work, I enjoy it. If you had to pay to play this technique would not work for you!

and you do have to factor in the return against the labor...For instance, On My GTi, it wasn't worth the effort to pull the springs that I might have gotten $150 for reselling them..

Last edited by Modshack; 05-25-2016 at 10:53 AM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #14
bballr4567

Ohhhh a lift?!?!! Psh. That makes things fun!