Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
ARH LTs High Flow cat leak?

Took my car into the muffler shop to get the 3" flowmaster American Thunder installed and WOW it sounds great but my shop told me that where my high flows (LG Motorsports Universal Slip Fit) connect to the headers, there was a leak even though the clamp was down all the way. They said they could weld it but I didn't want the headers to be welded to the exhaust since they welded the cats on the catback. What's the best way to go about this leak? Should I get wider clamps?

I'm thinkin 3" clamps and exhaust sealant but I'm not sure how long that will hold up since it's very hot right next to the headers

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
mainecobra

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS 6 speed
You need gaskets. I can't believe the shop wanted to weld them on. I wouldn't go back there ever that's crazy they would suggest that.
mainecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:09 AM   #3
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecobra View Post
You need gaskets. I can't believe the shop wanted to weld them on. I wouldn't go back there ever that's crazy they would suggest that.
Well they were actually kind enough to suggest I don't weld it, hence saying I COULD but either way welding was a big no no for headers. my cats are similar to my original ARH ones so they are a slip fit, how would I fit a gasket?

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote