The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 11-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Exclamation GM Announces New Premiere Edition with Lime Rock Green Corvette Stingray Convertible

Quote:

It was back in September that we learned that Chevrolet would be building a “Premiere Edition” Corvette Stingray Convertible to compliment the 500 Premiere Edition Coupes that were announced in June. Now, Chevy has officially announced the limited edition model and surprise, they are mixing things up a bit for the drop top.

Like the Coupe, the Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible is a top of the line 3LT with the Z51 performance package, variable tuned performance exhaust system and Magnetic Selective Ride Control. The Stingray Convertible is also outfitted with suede leather trim, carbon fiber accents, unique Stingray logo sill plates and the five-piece luggage branded with the Corvette logo.

Unlike the Coupe that was Laguna Blue, the Premiere Edition Corvette Stingray Convertibles are Lime Rock Green with the Brownstone interior. We are also unable to determine whether or not the Convertible has the Black Stinger hood graphic or if the hood is left untouched.

The Premiere Edition Corvette Stingray Convertible has an MSRP of $77,450 and there will only be 550 made. The special model has its own unique VIN sequence number and interior dash plaque.

From Corvetteblogger
Old 11-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Not a color choice I would have made for a run of 500 cars.....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #3
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
For sure
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Second Vette

Drives: 2011 Mustang
Chevy has one of these on display at the L.A. Auto Show. I went to check out the Convertible, since I'm on the fence whether to go that way. Any opinions on the Coupe versus the Convertible would be appreciated.

I've had a C-4 Convertible and a couple of MBZ Convertibles. I never felt comfortable leaving the Cars unattended because of the Soft Top being an invitation to the jealous Vermin. Had one sliced on my old MBZ SL years ago.

I was about to pull the trigger on a newer MBZ SL with the folding Hardtop and then I saw the C-7. Now I am hopelessly smitten.

BTW - The Green Convertible looks better in person and I am not a fan of the either the Exterior or Interior colors.

My very first Post here, be gentle. LOL
Second Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
DocHolliday

Drives: '14 Blade Silver Z51
Quote:
I've seen the LRG in person and it looks nice in the sun, but for me it would be my last choice of any of the colors available.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
WARP TEN

Drives: 95 ZR-1
Quote:
I agree, even though it is the color of my 95 ZR-1 (Polo Green Metallic II). While it looked fine in the C4 era, color preferences come and go and dark green is not a popular color right now. BMW had it for a number of years but dropped it several years ago. Browns more prevalent now. MINIs still use British Racing Green and it is fairly popular. --Bob
1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" (FOR SALE)
--Haibeck 350/510hp package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Vette View Post
Chevy has one of these on display at the L.A. Auto Show. I went to check out the Convertible, since I'm on the fence whether to go that way. Any opinions on the Coupe versus the Convertible would be appreciated.

I've had a C-4 Convertible and a couple of MBZ Convertibles. I never felt comfortable leaving the Cars unattended because of the Soft Top being an invitation to the jealous Vermin. Had one sliced on my old MBZ SL years ago.

I was about to pull the trigger on a newer MBZ SL with the folding Hardtop and then I saw the C-7. Now I am hopelessly smitten.

BTW - The Green Convertible looks better in person and I am not a fan of the either the Exterior or Interior colors.

My very first Post here, be gentle. LOL
Welcome to the forum!

I always preferred coupes because they always felt safer to me.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #8
Steven Bell

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
Not Lime Rock Green......
Steven Bell is offline   Reply With Quote