The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
js1977

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS Hurst Pkg
Hey Camaro...

I don't get on this forum much since I sold my Camaro, actually haven't since then. Anyways, today while out driving in my Challenger R/T I noticed that there was a black Camaro a few cars in front of me. I quickly noticed that even though he was driving forward down the road, his backup lights were on. So I thought I'd pull up next to the car and let him know, this ended up being more work then I thought, lol. It was raining pretty good, but figured I'd bite the bullet and lower the passenger window as I got next to him. I roll the window down and start waving my hand to catch his attention, nothing. So I tap the horn, nothing. I try waving again (over the top waving), nothing. Keep in mind it is raining and we're in traffic with cars in front of us both maybe a cars length or two at the most. I see I'm not getting anywhere with this guy so I push the clutch in and give it some gas (for loud exhaust noise), I got a reaction... The reaction I get, he starts jumping his car forward like he's trying to race me, revs his car a few times and shoots off (not going far due to cars in front of us). So I pull back up next to him and he rolls his window down finally to either say something or let me say something. I yell at him, "I'm not trying to race you!!!! Your back up lights are on!!!" His reply (I think) "O' my back up lights are on??? my back up lights? Ok, Ok"... I just rolled up my window and laughed to myself.

So I post this as a reminder that just because some other muscle/pony car pulls up next to you, it doesn't mean he/she wants to race. They may be trying to tell you that there's something wrong with your car....
js1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #2
Fiveg56

Drives: -
Your R/T an auto or manual?

Nevermind....I see it is a manual. Good....the autos chew up timing chains and motors like crazy.
Fiveg56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Cody2399

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Dodge Ram 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by js1977 View Post
I don't get on this forum much since I sold my Camaro, actually haven't since then. Anyways, today while out driving in my Challenger R/T I noticed that there was a black Camaro a few cars in front of me. I quickly noticed that even though he was driving forward down the road, his backup lights were on. So I thought I'd pull up next to the car and let him know, this ended up being more work then I thought, lol. It was raining pretty good, but figured I'd bite the bullet and lower the passenger window as I got next to him. I roll the window down and start waving my hand to catch his attention, nothing. So I tap the horn, nothing. I try waving again (over the top waving), nothing. Keep in mind it is raining and we're in traffic with cars in front of us both maybe a cars length or two at the most. I see I'm not getting anywhere with this guy so I push the clutch in and give it some gas (for loud exhaust noise), I got a reaction... The reaction I get, he starts jumping his car forward like he's trying to race me, revs his car a few times and shoots off (not going far due to cars in front of us). So I pull back up next to him and he rolls his window down finally to either say something or let me say something. I yell at him, "I'm not trying to race you!!!! Your back up lights are on!!!" His reply (I think) "O' my back up lights are on??? my back up lights? Ok, Ok"... I just rolled up my window and laughed to myself.

So I post this as a reminder that just because some other muscle/pony car pulls up next to you, it doesn't mean he/she wants to race. They may be trying to tell you that there's something wrong with your car....

Good looking out man.. Some people are just hot blooded.. Keep up the good work!
Cody2399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
WONSS

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS M6 SUMMITT WHITE
you should of just told him..."nice car man" and moved on letting him look like an ass with his reverse lights on... his car must of had some electricle issue...
WONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
js1977

Yeah I kinda understood that he probably deals with people always trying to race him and me revving my motor as an attention getter probably didn't help much, but if he would of just looked over, it would of been easy, lol. O' well... I always try to help other muscle car guys out if I notice something wrong with their ride. I set at a light one day and BS'd with a GTO (new) owner while I was in my 77 T/A, but it started out him revving his motor, but I looked over and complemented him on his ride and enjoyed the quick talk...
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveg56 View Post
Your R/T an auto or manual?

Nevermind....I see it is a manual. Good....the autos chew up timing chains and motors like crazy.

That says 2SS/RS not Challenger and the problem on the Challengers seems to be related to late 09s and early 10s 5.7L with MDS enabled. The issue seems only in that time frame with very few failures outside of there. Just a heads up not to criticize.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
js1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05stram View Post
That says 2SS/RS not Challenger and the problem on the Challengers seems to be related to late 09s and early 10s 5.7L with MDS enabled. The issue seems only in that time frame with very few failures outside of there. Just a heads up not to criticize.
Yeah the Challenger is a 6 speed as well, wouldn't dare mess with that whole MDS crap, lol...