Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Yesterday at the Brickyard

I had the opportunity for the third time this year to participate in the Chevy Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This includes driving around the 2.5 mile oval, hospitality suite at the Pagoda Chalet for lunch, access to the garage, pits, practice, museum and the Chevy Experience venue.

We managed to motor up to 75MPH after crossing the 'Yard of Bricks', heading down the main straight away heading into Turn #1 and through the Short-shoot going into Turn #2. A lot of fun and this was a first for my "Wingman" John Brown who was my guest. I've driven my Camaro police package around IMS and ORP for training back in 95/96 but nothing like driving your own wheels around the famous bricks!

Also OldSchoolCamaro was there as was Dragoms wife took advantage of the drive since he was security at the garage entrance.

Really a great time for all who participated. Oh yea, IMS has their own photographer taking pics of everyone who comes down the straight away and you can purchase your pic if you want. What a keepsake for $10 bucks.

Peace!

Old 07-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Moonshade

Drives: ABM LS
Awesome such a great pic. What did you have to do to be part of that?
I got to get mine out on Watkins Glen what a blast. Now I've been looking to do the same on other tracks mostly road courses.
Moonshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
very cool, must have been an awesome time.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I got to drive that track back in 08. That was a pretty good time!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Arg - I wanted to go but my dealer was not able to get passes... Bad dealer I suppose. Any dealer in the Indy area wanna be my friend? I'm likely gonna get a z28 when they hit the street..... Just saying.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
Arg - I wanted to go but my dealer was not able to get passes... Bad dealer I suppose. Any dealer in the Indy area wanna be my friend? I'm likely gonna get a z28 when they hit the street..... Just saying.

Funny, a lot of dealers turned down the opportunity to participate on this one for some odd reason. In fact, OldSchoolCamaro's dealer didn't call him so he got the hook up from Hare Chevrolet. When all was said and done, he dealership called last minute and said they had spots but he told them he was going with Hare. If you're seriously looking to be in on stuff like this I suggest you get on board with Hard for your next car. It just so happens the Courtney Cox Cole is the president of the Indiana Chevrolet Association and when Chevy decided to opt out of all this stuff at IMS, she asked if she could carry it on and they gave her their blessing. She's really made this thing explode and Chevy jumped back onboard. She's on facebook and so is Hare Chevrolet. Connect with them and you'll be in on this stuff. This was my third event. Opening Day for the Indy500 and we had 150 Camaro's do two parade laps, one with the '69 Camaro pace car and then this years 2010 pace car picked up the field for the final lap. Then on May 29th we had the Corvette/Camaro Rally where over 600 cars took laps around the track, dinner and the Chevy Experience venue. It's all good! Having bought this car has had its advantages for sure and its the first time I've ever had a dealership do something other than sell me a car and send me along my merry way. Hare stays in touch with their clients for a lot of things. Just saying...

Also dealers from Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Kentucky, Ohio and other states sent owners to this event as well as the previous two. You might ask your dealership or sales Rep. if they know anything about it or how you can participate. I would say if your dealer has an association with another dealer in the area, he might be able to call in a favor for you and have you be a guest of that dealer. Anything is worth a try. Doing stuff like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #7
Bluestreak 2010

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro LS
chozn, you were there on the 29th for the 500 event. Any idea if the IMS photographer was the one taking the pictures on that day. What did you have to do to get the picture you posted above? I am still trying to figure out how to get a copy of the picture with my car on the track from that day. If it was the IMS photographer, I realize they may have already deleted the pictures from the 29th, but it might still be worth a shot. Any information you can give me would be appreciated!
Bluestreak 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
chozn4service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak 2010 View Post
chozn, you were there on the 29th for the 500 event. Any idea if the IMS photographer was the one taking the pictures on that day. What did you have to do to get the picture you posted above? I am still trying to figure out how to get a copy of the picture with my car on the track from that day. If it was the IMS photographer, I realize they may have already deleted the pictures from the 29th, but it might still be worth a shot. Any information you can give me would be appreciated!

If they took your photo, they still have it. They have an archive from Opening Day, I saw the file and every other file of photos that were taken from various events, days and years. All you have to do is go the museum, 2nd floor photo shop and check with Jason. If you want to email him you can use this contact address: photos@brickyard.com or indy500.com/photos and the phone number is 492-6771. They have computers set up in the photo shop where you can sit down and look for the photo yourself, for the event you were at and then print it. The 8x10 is $10 and more for larger prints but they do it right there for you within minutes. I was in and out of there in less than 5min's.

I didn't check on the 29th Corvette/Camaro Rally or the Opening Day but Jason told me I could get more prints if I needed them and gave me my ID# for that particular print and he said I could come back and go through the files for previous dates to see if they have them. The only guestion is whether the photographer caught you or me on those previous events.