Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 04-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #1
Val Walkinshaw
L8ap3x

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Door rattles

Pulled both doors interior trim on my '18 2ss. Wrapped all the wires in pipe foam insulation, zip tied a few loose wires, and glued down the rubber sound deadening barrier a little better. 50% better with rattles.

But there's a God awful one at certain low pitches that's embarrassing. It almost seems like it's the actual door skin itself. Only on the driver side. Ridiculous outside and inside the car. t's not isolated to a certain part of the door as it sounds just as loud from the inside handle back to the sail. I'm fairly certain it's not the door handle, window or track.

Suggestions?
Val Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Did you tighten up the drain plug under the door itself? There is a little square plug that is loose and it rattles.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:33 AM   #3
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Walkinshaw View Post
Pulled both doors interior trim on my '18 2ss. Wrapped all the wires in pipe foam insulation, zip tied a few loose wires, and glued down the rubber sound deadening barrier a little better. 50% better with rattles.

But there's a God awful one at certain low pitches that's embarrassing. It almost seems like it's the actual door skin itself. Only on the driver side. Ridiculous outside and inside the car. t's not isolated to a certain part of the door as it sounds just as loud from the inside handle back to the sail. I'm fairly certain it's not the door handle, window or track.

Suggestions?
Same issues, one day I will take stuff apart and try to get rid of it. Really ruins the sound. If I press on the panel when its doing it I can get it to almost stop so it seems something is vibrating.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote