View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 08:37 AM   #1
Red1Le

Drives: 2013 1Le
Angry 2600 Miles Motor Knocking Already!!!!

Purchased my torch red C7 not even 1 month ago and it only has 2600 miles on it. Driving home Saturday and started hearing a knocking noise so I drove it straight to the dealership. Go figure no service on Saturday so I drop it and they put me in a Impalla . Get no call on Monday morning from them so I call around 10:30 to find out they have it in the shop looking at it and I would get a call back around 1. 1 comes and goes no call so at 3 I call they tell me they hooked the computer up to read the ECU and sent it to GM they would call back at 5. No call back so I call at 4:45 to be put on hold and never answered for 15 minutes.

So here we are today I call at 08:30 this morning to find out about it since I havent got a call from them. They inform me the noise is coming from the engine which I already told them. Then say GM wants them to tear it down to inspect and fix.

My agruement is the car is BRAND NEW doesnt even have 3K on the dash and now some local mechanic in which they plainly stated they hadnt even done a oil change on a C7 yet is going to put the engine back together. So I called GM direct after that told them everything and the lady told me pretty much they would fix under warranty but would not get me a new motor directly from GM.

Is it to much for me to ask for a new motor to go in my brand new 60K dollar car with only 2600 miles. I just cant believe that GM would not offer some options other than letting a customer be satisified with his brand new vette having a rebuilt motor.
Red1Le is offline   Reply With Quote