View Single Post
Old 01-06-2022, 07:41 PM   #7
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSue View Post
So here is my allocation story. I'm smelling bs.

On December 22, I asked a local dealership if they had an allocation for a 2022 Camaro. They said "yes". So I went over the next day and placed the order. I wasn't given a confirmation code because "some of the managers were not there that day". But the first week of Jan, they would put my order in and I would get the code. As of today, I still don't have the code. They did however, deposit my $1000. So today I emailed the dealership. Below are the two responses that I got.

1st Response- This is Jim XXXXX sales manger for Chevrolet of Naperville. I saw your e-mail come in and wanted to let you know your Camaro was put into the process for ordering. We were not able to put the floor mat package on the order because they are on national back order. Everything else that you wanted on your Camaro was put on the vehicle. As we get more information from GM we will update you on your Camaro order. Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail us if you do have any more lingering questions.
Thanks,
Jim

**** I sent a response to that....

2nd Response - So the plants were shut down during the holiday so we added the Camaro to our status to be picked up by GM. We should know next week when GM will pick up the Camaro. We typically earn 1-2 Camaros a month and have no other Camaros to be picked up except for your factory order.
Thanks,
Jim

What's your order number? You can use the automated chat feature at Chevy's website to check your order status...I'd be shocked if it was anything other than 1100.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote