View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #44
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacLac02 View Post
this is the car thats coming back that was stopped being made in 02. which in 02 cost about 33,000 for an ss and 7 years later inflation has a factor in pricing. i predict the ls2,3,4 .... whatever they will have by then will be around 35 for it fully loaded. now putting a bigger motor in it is going to take the price up. the vette jumped up almost 15-20 for the z06.i know that to buy one of those 427 motors from the dealership cost about 15g's by itself.
When looking at the price of a Z06, don't just factor in the motor. There are lots of standard options going into that car that the base vette does not have (ie. suspension, brakes, wheels, STANDARD dual zone climate control, STANDARD heads up display, functional cold air hoodscoop and air extractors behind the front wheels, wider rear quarter panels...3 inches wider, etc, etc, etc.). ALL of this adds up to the higher price tag, not just the motor. Come on, we're talking a huge price increase for tons of upgrades...including the motor.

Now, going back to the Camaro. No one knows anything on prices. We are speculating that a base Z28 will be around 25K. Can we agree on that? A base SS back in 02 came in at $3,625 more than the Z28. The SS your talking about came in at 33K fully loaded. Again, the SS Camaros I priced in 02 were around 29K, not 33K. Actual base retail on an SS was $26,455 without anything else added except the SS package. You can bet that GM will build an SS 3K to 5K more than the Z28. Inflation adds up, but not that much. So, an SS Camaro, if GM wants to sell them, should be priced (in my opinion) between 30K-35K with options. Now, with the LS7...I don't know how GM could get away with putting that motor in this car and actually get away by making a profit at that price. So, will GM really put that motor in the SS? GM must make the SS within a price range that isn't going to conflict w/ a Vette. GM would have to put in a less expensive motor and use the 427 in a "ZL1" type Camaro and price that like you all said...in the $40K range. Again, GM will price its SS's not too far off from the Z28. Maybe the base SS will have some 470hp engine with an option of getting the LS7. GM won't make an SS priced at 40K unless it's got something mammoth under that hood.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote