View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 09:38 AM   #8900
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
... In US no because it would require significant engineering investment and would only make sense from a CAFE standpoint if all or nearly all vehicles had it as standard equipment.
Hindsight is 20/20, but I do believe that nearly all GM vehicles should've had it. I know GM decided EV or nothing, so it is what it is, but in my tiny humble opinion a bunch of cars running around using Voltec like technology is where we should be in the car world right now. Toyota gets it, even as they move on with full EV development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think you guys are missing a key factor in the big picture: Hybrids still use gasoline/fossil fuels. That doesn't fit in with the car-maker's plans and commitments for full EV line-ups across the board by 2030-2035 or whatever.

Your choices will be intentionally limited to full EV only, especially and likely exclusively in the U.S. as a policy to "fighting global warming." The rest of the world gets a free-pass.

Hybrids may be a good idea, but not if the end of using fossil fuels is the goal.
I get there's sarcasm in this post. I also think the car-makers plans are doo doo.