View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 03:42 PM   #4
rbuzz00

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2002 Camaro SS 2024 ZL-1
I think I might have resolved the problem with playing from a USB drive. I had read about the drive needing to be formatted in the NTFS format, so I reformatted the drive and tried it again. No go. So I went back to the FAT32 format and tried again. Still a no go, even though that same USB drive in FAT32 plays fine in my Jeep.

So I checked out another USB drive formatted in FAT32 and it works....it's recognized and shows up on the screen and plays just fine. Evidently there is something about that USB drive that the Camaro doesn't like. It plays fine in the Jeep. So I'll just go out and buy a new USB for use in the Camaro. Problem solved.

Now the onstar is still another problem. I know that I won't use it beyond the trial period, but I would at least like for it to work for the free trial subscription period. I just hate to take it to the dealer and risk them screwing up something in the process of fixing it. I think the electronics for the onstar is located under the dash on the right side and I know space is tight. The way my luck runs, they would fix the onstar but screw up something else in the process.

Oh well, at least I'm batting 500.
rbuzz00 is offline   Reply With Quote