Thread: More Horses
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 02:28 AM   #122
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
150 MPH is 150 MPH no matter how much horse power it took to get there... Just as, reckless driving is reckless driving no matter if it is performed in “Super Car” or a “4 banger”…
Speed IS speed, but a typical 4 banger running 150 mph is no where near as stable as a super car designed with the aerodynamics, suspension, and braking to still be responsive at high speed.

I'm just nitpicking I guess, but some cars are more dangerous at high speeds than others.

Which also proves the point I guess. A factory that produces a 400 hp car would probably design it to satisfactorily harness that power. Hopefully, not to the point where 400 hp is just a number and electronic controls keep it from ever really reaching its potential.

Anyway, I think we are getting into an era where engines are more powerful than the muscle cars of yore.

Back in the day most muscle cars had 300-400hp, and 350-450 tq. Though many were underrated for insurance reasons, they were also based on gross engine ratings. Not to mention that even with all the power from the factory old muscle cars were still 13 and 14 second rides out of the factory.

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote