Thread: More Horses
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #120
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
I see what you’re getting at and I’m sure all of us have asked our self that exact same question over the past few years with all the HP gains. Are you saying, If diver A has 400 + horse power then they are defiantly going to use it and destroy something, kill someone, or worse yet, take over the world. Whereas, if driver B has only 150 horse power they will obey all traffic laws with their hands in the 3 and 9 o’clock position?

150 MPH is 150 MPH no matter how much horse power it took to get there... Just as, reckless driving is reckless driving no matter if it is performed in “Super Car” or a “4 banger”…
Just as I said eariler, you can turn a 100 hp car into just as deadly of a weapon as you can a 400 HP car.

I think what it really comes down to is the type of personality a 400 HP car attracts. For example: You can put my wife in a 1000 HP car or her 100HP car and she will inevitably drive them both the exact same way; going no more than 10 over the speed limit and gently accelerating at stop lights. Put me in that situation and as I said before, i will go through a tank of gas and a set of tires in 30 minutes.

My point is that high horse power cars, in my opinion, attract the type of people who are naturally going to be more adventurous and risk takers, which leads to wreckless driving and accidents. Since you are going to attract people like this (i.e. me) horsepower becomes an issue becasue we will continually push a car to its limits; sometimes in places where it should not be done (next to a mustang at a red light )
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote