View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #326
Mjolnir
"Crusher"

Drives: Kawasaki Ninja 250r
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST ZL1 View Post
I am sorry but model year makes a difference. Ford owned the 2011 year with the GT500. The 2012 year belongs to the Bowtie. If model year doesn't matter then neither does the model. In that case the Corvette ZR1 wins hands down. The GT500 can have 2013. Why do Ford people feel the need to spend all their time bashing the Camaro because they set a new standard. Both cars are nice but Camaro wins this round.
Your argument makes no sense man....I agree, 2012 ZL1 > 2012 GT500 based off of the simple fact that in general the GT500 is about :30 - 60 seconds faster than the 2012 Boss. Ford "Ruled" 2011 because it had no ZL1 competitor, with out something to contest, what other choice?
Unfortunately though the ZL1 isn't ruling anything just yet seeing as it hasn't come out, or been tested vs the 12 GT500. The fact that when it does It's "2012 ruling year" likely consist of a couple of months(Because of the June model year change) at best doesn't help that argument much either. The real comparison is obviously 2013 vs 2013 when we will have what is truly two brand new models going toe to toe.

I'm a huge enthusiast too, but where the model year in this case makes the most difference is the unfortunate hit in value the 2012 ZL1 owners will take when their "brand new" car become's last years in less than half a year. Atleast though, for those who don't car, they'll be enjoying their cars NOW rather than in a few months(years for me....).

Cheers
Mjolnir is offline   Reply With Quote