Thread: 2014 Z28
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:05 AM   #9
BWF07

Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
It'd be close, but not too comparable in my opinion. One is a track day, road legal car, where as the Corvette is a track ready sports cruiser, if someone doesn't have kids it can easily be used as a daily driver and even on road trips. A car without A/C and Radio can be used as a DD but not too comfortably during most summers, I'd be surprised to see many getting it as a DD without A/C.

And it seems that for most the market is different, granted the Chevy performance fans will compare the two, but I dont think the average Joe will walk into a Chevy dealer looking for a Corvette and walk away with the Z/28.
I agree with you 100%. In fact at a cruise-in last Thursday we were talking and we all were wondering just how many new Z28's would be ordered as is and how many would check the boxes to add the radio and A/C. We all have come to expect A/C in a new car so it is hard to believe anyone would order the car without unless they were buying it with the major intent to track the car.
I also agree that these two cars are totally different animals. Camaro v.Mustang and Challenger. Corvette v. Porsche Boxster an Cayman.
BWF07 is offline   Reply With Quote