View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #44
Vic

Drives: Viper GTS
"It's the American dream with four wheels and four exhausts, and if you don't like it, you can get lost."

Finally, a Brit who realises we don't care what they think! Maybe there's hope for them?

They are noticeably quiet, about the Vipers' 7:12 on the Ring, and the ZR1s 7:19. Instead, they just talk about the lowly Mustang, and how it sucks in corners. (as if the Mustang was America's finest effort) In other words, they limit their acknowledgement of American corner-carving prowness to just those easy targets, that give them spiteful justification for their iconoclast snobbery.

And why? Because if they dared mention that no British mass produced sports car can corner like a Viper or Vette, then they would look foolish indeed. So instead, they like to set up little "straw men", and knock them down. Talk about blind....

Yeah, we used to get crappy interiors, but even that's changing, on both the Viper and Vette. Not too much for them to pick on us anymore.

And why would they care about sports cars, anyway? You can't speed in England, what with all those speed cameras around. A big-brother nation of freeway nannys.

C class subcompacts is all you really need in the UK, which is mostly what you see over there anyway. Doesn't look like they need to concern themselves with Ring times at all....Yet they fawn all over fantastically expensive Italian supercars they can't afford, can't use anyway, and which cars can't even beat the big two American corner carvers on the Ring.

Long live Viper and Corvette!

PS.. I like all cars, and all peoples, all nations. I admire engineering, craftsmanship, and style, whether it's from Ferrari, Porsche, MB, or Aston, etc.
I respect the competition, because it improves the breed. We can rise to the challenge. Bring it on, I say!

Vic is offline   Reply With Quote