View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #75
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Built units will be held for quality check and to build up an inventory to make shipping coherently feasible. I can see the fourth build and the fourteenth hundred build being delivered to a dealer on the same day.

Probably the biggest difference in the Stingray launch and the launch of other Chevrolets is the most recent lack of a tentative production date. Once regular production starts, it will be easy to predict when retail deliveries begins: within three weeks of the start as the staging area can hold only so many units. I have seen posts that said 1400 and I have seen posts that said up to 2000; I do not know what the yard can hold but I suspect somewhere between those two numbers.

I have no doubt that those in the first pull and those in the second pull will both have their orders leaving Bowling Green timed to arrive at their destination dealerships within hours of each other. The car haulers will be lined up for loading, will be loaded and then will be leaving Kentucky in a 96 hours time period.

I stand by my prediction retail deliveries will be before Labor Day; I so far have seen nothing to make that prediction wrong.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote