View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgraph View Post
That's some really good words of wisdom, I appreciate the advice. I'd love to do the bolt ons now, I already bought the Mishimoto intake (just because I got a good deal from another guy on the forum) and I really have my eyes on a louder exhaust to replace the stock NPP (more for the better sound than to gain hp), I think that would scratch the itch and then I probably wouldn't do too much more for a while. I know a tune would bring those small bolt ons to life but I think it's too risky with warranty. Sounds like it's safe for the car to to an intake and catback without a tune. I'm not looking to track the car or anything, just to have some fun driving it and maybe embarrassing a Mustang owner here and there lol.
Instead of gutting the NPP have you considered a set of headers? The stock cats soak up a lot of sound. You'll get a check engine light without having a tune but I'm sure one of the o2 extender or spark plug de-fouler methods work on this car and fix the issue. That's what I'm going to try with mine.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote