Thread: Z06 too much?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by h422694 View Post
Not sure what others think but here's my experience.
I upgraded from an '08 Z51 to a '16 Z06 last July. The 1st few times times I got on the Z06 I immediately lost traction. It was bad(unexpected) but no more so that the 1st few times I got on the Z51. The performance difference is incredible. It didn't take too long before I was pretty comfortable with the performance of the Z06 and was pushing it pretty hard. A month ago, a year after I got my Z06, I took the Corvette Performance class at Spring Mountain. During the class you really learn the capabilities of the Z06. After returning home, I believe I can push the car much harder while still maintaining better control.
Stingray or Z06? I think it's relative if you understand the performance & handling characteristics and capabilities of either of them and respect them.

Based on your profile, it looks like you have a Camaro V8. I would say that if you are NOT comfortable pushing that to the limit on a road course, straights and turns, then don't get the Z06.
I came from a 6 and while I wasn't "comfortable" at first the car never overwhelmed me. I am very comfortable with her now. She is my DD and I love her to pieces. Many people told me since I was getting a DD that I should stick with a 6 but after putting almost 10k miles on her I know I made the right choice. Even when you are not using the power you know it is there and downshifting to pass, especially on the 75mph speed limit by my house, puts a smile on my face everytime.
BTW- 2016 2SS manual.

Would you agree with the statement that it takes a little time to get use to but once you are it is more enjoyable than the base motor stingray?
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote