View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 08:34 AM   #290
Ecchi667

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 6spd M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Mine fit perfectly once I messed around with the box. On my install on my first try one of the Camaro rubber grommets got croooked and was smashed in sideways. It took a couple of trys to get it right.

What was wierd was the fan went crazy the first time I started the car and was running so fast it was making a loud whining sound. But after a quick drive and a restart it settled down.

Mine was a sound tube delete. So happy to get rid of that ugly tube and all the stuff that goes with it. And I have an easy way to run wires into the dash later. With the nice intake sound the sound tube would be a double waste for me.

I am not sure the car is any faster but it sounds better. Also loving my full time DRs. I never see TC coming on any more.

Also flipping the RF panel was a PIA. I wonder why the red lettering was not the original look? But so far, great job Rotofab. Looking forward to more testing and my own testing at Atco.
Interesting, my fan did the same thing the first time I ran the car. I was only turning it around in the garage so it didn't have time to bother me, but I could hear it over the engine and when I shut the car off it was still spinning for some time. I didn't disconnect the battery when I did the install and wondered if it was something to do with that, but I don't really see how. Anyway, no problems since then.

I wonder if those hood rubber do-dads are already raised for some people. Mine were all at different heights when I adjusted them. In fact one fell off and down near the radiator before I adjusted them. That was fun to fish out...
Ecchi667 is offline   Reply With Quote