View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #26
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
It's possible. I really don't know much about the 6th gen at this point.

Corvette's always had drive modes but this is probably the most sophisticated system so far.
this is really the first application of the Driver Mode Select (GM's version of a maniettino - go look at a picture of the steering wheel from a current Ferrari and you'll see the knob). It adjusts the parameters listed in that matrix above depending on what mode you've selected. From info given out at the Bash, AFM will only be applied during cruising/coasting in Tour, not active at all in Sport or Track. Eco will aggressively engage AFM unless you are "aggressively accelerating". So, bottom line is if you stay out of wimp mode then you shouldn't have to deal with AFM much at all - or even avoid totally with Sport/Track modes. CAGS will be active and Bash attendees said that the engineers hate it, only included it again because it's mandated by EPA regs. The programming should be very similar to the C6 so even moderately aggressive driving will override it. I'm not worried about it because I'd expect an aftermarket elimination system almost immediately.

There's also conflicting information because the matrix shows that Launch Control is only active in Track Mode. The Stingray website indicates that Launch Control and PTM are active in both Sport and Track. Hopefully GM copied Audi Drive Select and you'll be able to adjust parameters within each mode to your preference?
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote