View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Ya I would take that deal because you take someone like me age 18 trying to pay full coverage insurance on a top dog camaro. I like that idea because the insurance company would run the vin code # and see it was a V6 and not charge you as much for insurance.
But what they don't know is their is a LS7 under the hood. Cheet the system a little bit.
Yeah...I was going to mention the fact that if something did happen, there goes your policy. Let's say you blow the engine or get into a wreck where ur insurance has to pay up. They will find out your upgrades, most likely pay up, and then kick you out the door.

I was at Ancira service talking w/ my service technician. He was telling me about a guy who brought his SS into the shop saying it stalled out in a low water crossing and was trying to get it fixed under insurance. The shop pulled apart the air intake and intake manifold. Guess what? Absolutely no water, dirt, grass, or anything....looked completely new. Then, they open the engine and its loaded w/ crap. When presented w/ the facts, the owner caved in admitting to having removed his supercharger and parts putting the factory parts back on. Service guy said insurance was informed of the situation (they have to), they paid up, and then dropped him. Needless to say, any quotes guy was looking for after that had to have been through the roof!

**Note to self - add water and dirt to inside of manifold when changing out with supercharger to take back to shop***
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote