View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #51
Mike@HennesseyPerformance

Drives: 70 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
So it sounds like everyone is just saying lets not even try? Again, if we believed what everyone on the internet said we could do we wouldn't have even tried on Ecoboost Ford applications. EVERYONE said the same doom and gloom type stories with it's encryption too. Same with 2011-12 Chrysler, encryption too complex for the aftermarket to figure out. It is quite interesting that so many people say it CAN'T be done, yet the car isn't even in any customer's or shop's hands yet.

Hey, MAYBE I'm wrong, but then again I have history on my side saying I'm right, and we will gain access to it. Also, just because the people who have tried to tune other applications that utilize this controller think its too complicated to understand doesn't mean we will. A Human wrote the code, programming language, etc. I am pretty sure other humans can figure it out. This isn't our first go around with DI tuning, Our business is developing, and improving on brand new engine families, especially when no one else thinks it can be done.

93 when LT1 was announced it was going to move to flash memory everyone said it would be untunable. WRONG

95 when everything was moving to OBD-II everyone said it would be untunable. WRONG

96 when the LS1 was revealed everyone said it would be untunable. WRONG

05 when we moved to an E40 everyone said it would be untunable. WRONG

06 when GM moved to E38 everyone said it would be untunable. WRONG

08 when DI stated being used (LNF Cobalt) everyone said it would be untunable. WRONG

That is just the GM applications that were doom and gloom. There may be some downtime while the aftermarket figures it out, but with enough backing and time, it gets done.

All further complexity in engine design and management does is further separate the good shops from the bad, exposing their true knowledge and skill set.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with and competing with y'all in the Stingray segment!
Mike@HennesseyPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote