View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #45
ChucksTuning

Drives: 05 Cadillac CTSV, 97 Camaro SS
Man, I forgot to make popcorn before reading this thread.

Things I've gathered from all of this.

A: I'm happy I'm naturally a positive thinker.
B: I'm happy I have my own C7 on order to play with.
C: I'm glad the basis of my order was not because of the warranty.

Considering I have been tuning long enough to remember the OBDI swaps into OBDII cars, I suppose I would consider myself a bit of a veteran at this point. Though in the 80's I was still playing in sand box's so no eprom tuning here (thank God).

I'd say it goes back to the whole E38 debate. Everyone was all like, "OMG Dynamic VE is going to make tuning impossible"... Then everyone discovered dynamic airflow rpm disable. So I think everyone's got the whole MAF tuning thing down. In fact if you can't tune a maf, may the good lord help you.

Having said that, I emailed Bill @ HP Tuners while reading this thread and he confirmed (in the attached screen shot) they fully anticipate E92 support in the 2.25 release. As with any new platform, I'm sure the adjustable parameters at first with be a bit basic... but that's never stopped any of us. Shit, back in the day we did a cam swap on a C6Z before anyone supported them at all (made 505 on the stock tune). So yeah, doom and gloom isn't going to stop any of us from figuring these things out. If you sit around thinking about things too much, you'll never get anything done... which is the general gest I get from this whole thread.

This is America after all... Not Europe. If they can't figure these things out that's their problem.

Chuck
Attached Images

ChucksTuning is offline   Reply With Quote