View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #43
JR-Vette

Drives: 1999 500 HP Corvette
For 1 you do not have a functional C7 PCM, you have a static paper weight
PCM is not the commander/router of the car it is the BCM.

Looking at a PCM static and OFF-board says nothing
E92 has been around for 3 years so you have nothing new but what you do not have is being GM has not completed federal testing any code segments in PCM today are not the production and can change a lot before testing is completed and passes those tests and then EPA testing.

Who cares what off board is unless your saying that once in real world and BCM or even Onstar are in the network and your over coming those security policies or even the client/server process is one thing, off board who cares as not what the car owner will deal with UNLESS the beginning of C7 tuning requires the owners to yank the PCM and send it out for a BLIND off board tuning

Being the C7 is still in design and no parts are allowed outside of those in GM contract I am surprised you in public are thumping you received a production coded C7 PCM without certification

As a tuner business for 20 years I would be the first to want to bring in C7 customers the difference is I would never take a non American tuning product and hype custom tuning that is safe, will not wack warranty and would not blow LT1s up
Add the facts there is not even 3rd party DI fuel injectors or even the fact the intake and exhaust values have swapped positions says this time vendors cannot claim "secret CAM grinds" for the C6, even the LS7 that turns out are nothing but C5 grinds from Crane or Comp Cams as with VTT that game cannot be played.
Tues will be useless unless there will be the mods to tune for and C7 alone being a small volume seller must rely on if vendors want to support LT1s used in GM pickups and then learn the differences with C7

History says it all, when C6 Z06 came out and efilive spouted their marketing hype it did not take long when a ton of LS7s blew to hell and what was common with those I worked with was the E38 had been first tuned with efilive.

Same goes when the A6 came out and in fact so much damage it was the tipping point of GM Warren to construct the process for dealers to determine if PCM was hacked and thus everyone paying for crap tuners who make glossy marketing claims.

I am sure GM Corp would have an interest how your saying a tuning product is ready and did your designing with a fully production C7 before one has hit the street legally.

CVN is NOT the only thing GM would look for to see is someone has been hacking as CVN is code segment versions and not flash space.

Being your in MI, near 7 mile I am sure GM would love to stop by and see your final product tuning tool

And No I am not disqualified to assure people buying this next gen C7 are not being sucked into taking the new designed LT1 and hacking it with mods right from the get go.
Let others be the testpig so some tuning tool vendor can ruin the engine is their path to claiming a moral victory as being the FIRST to blow a LT1 up.

When ON board C7 tuning is possible then let us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
You also said and I quote

This right here disqualifies you from basically talking about ANY of this with any authority.

1. Its not a Siemens box its a GMH (Delphi) box.
2. Its a BRAND NEW controller it hasn't been used ANYWHERE except these NA applications.
3. CVN process is EXACTLY the same as the E39A!

So please take your OWN advice and go do your homework.

But hey what do I know I'm only the guy that actually has a C7 ECM for development sitting right in front of him.
JR-Vette is offline   Reply With Quote