View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #13
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesC5 View Post
IMHO.... It might seem like a great price for the value (and it is)..... For those of us who are "baby boomers"....most will probably still get the C7--if they had planned on it in the first place.

However, touching 60K for a 2LT C7 is going to do just the opposite of what GM was trying to do.....lure the younger generations. Of course there will always be "x" % that can afford it, but if GM believes they can sell 30k cars at a starting price of 54k and up....I think they have greatly miscalculated. Especially in this economy with the cost of everything rising...

I hope I'm wrong....
I was born in 1964 so that makes me a late boomer/early Gen X (God, how depressing). Probably a little old for GM's intended new "youth" target. But you're only talking 45,000 units per year max for C7 production. Given the money spent on exotics, Harleys and other toys, I really think that Chevy will achieve their goal of moving the age demographics down somewhat. A $60K 'Vette isn't cheap but these are the days of a $40K Camaro ($60K for a ZL1), $45K pickups and $60K SUV's. I think there are enough gearheads out there that would plop down the $ for the C7. We'll really have to see if Tadge & the boyz & girls from Bowling Green have delivered what they've promised later this summer. I certainly hope so - can't wait to drive it.
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote