View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #1125
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
The only reason I dragged SCCA's outlook into this was to try to nail down a little better the concept that "OE" or "OEM" or "stock" specifically means "production line stock".

Anything else is a mod on some level. While this doesn't matter anyplace where it's "run what ya brung", it does apply to the way we buy cars at the dealership salesperson's desk and it does define where the "slippery slope" begins in the sort of comparisons/equalizations we're trying to make between the two "Z" Camaros here.

Norm
Ya I actually appreciate you bringing SCCA into the picture and it would be interesting to know how the two Zs could be compared at that level.. But at the end, a vast majority of buyers don't really care, just like folks don't care what tires are run at the track. From my experience, "stock" at informal DE type events refers more to the car vs tires, as those are consumables and require frequent changes anyway (if somebody is dedicated to the sport). And those that track infrequently often don't even know the difference between tire types. But I thank you for trying to help
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote