View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 12:18 AM   #64
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHOCTANE View Post
I'm not saying the 5.0 doesn't have mod potential but that ONE example from a vendor/shop whose credibility has been questioned within the Mustang community doesn't prove anything really.
THe way they did that whole thing even has many die hard Mustang fans questionng the results...so alot of the "ignoring" of that ONE example is not without reason.
And I am not hating on Evolution...the 2003 Cobra in my sig was tuned on their Dyno...
Not sure if the same guy is doing their tuning now...but at that time he was not an Evolution employee..so I had no real dealing with Evolution other than meeting the guys,and they all seemed very cool and you could tell they had a love for cars and making big power. I am curious though who is doing the "ground breaking" tuning on the 5.0 for Evolution...if it is who I think it might be...he'd be the man who could figure it out. I've been away from the stuff for awhile,but I am pretty sure Evolution uses and outside tuner...although I don't think he has ever gotten credit for it...or maybe it is that he doesn't want to be associated with EVO? I never asked him...was none of my business.
So long story short...we'll have to wait and see what real end user results come out in the wash before we can accurately say how well it responds to bolt on mods...vendors and product manufactures claimed gains are at the bottom of my believability list.(sorry vendors)
I don't have any 3v experience but I sure hope it reponds better than the 2v 4.6 that was in my 03 GT...I'm sure people will figure out how to tap more power...it will just be a matter of how much power and how expensive it will be.

I will just like to put this out there:

Quote:
Turns out what he really had in mind was the debut of his new SMS 302, which—you guessed it—is based on the new 2011 Mustang GT with its new 302-cubic-inch (5.0-liter) engine. The SMS 302 remains naturally aspirated but produces “over 440 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque”—improvements of 28 hp and 10 lb-ft—thanks to a new head design, a high-flow exhaust system, an optimized accessory-drive system, and reworked engine calibration. Zero to 60 mph is expected to take just 4.5 seconds with the quarter-mile passing in 13.5 seconds at 116 mph.
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car...302sc-car_news

Other than the, "optimized accessory-drive system", the Evolution Performance Car and the Saleen have about the same mods.

I am like you though I want to see these gains repeatable by other people.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote