View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSolar View Post
I have a red 2SS/RS A6 on order @ MSRP for $37k, didn't have to put a deposit down. Probably take 2-3 months to get here. Been waiting for this for over 3 years, ever since the concept came out and I sold my red 2000 SS M6. Always been more of a Camaro fan than a Vette fan but now they are practically giving away brand new 09' Vettes here. There's a silver A6 with chrome wheels going for $42k, black A6 with exhaust going for $44k and another black A6 going for $42k. Those prices include the GM Loyalty which I would qualify for since my mom bought a G8 last year. I believe the Camaro doesn't qualify for this. The other thing is I have $2700 rebate on my GM credit card which I can use the whole thing for a Vette but only $1k on the Camaro which would bring the price even closer.

Benefits of the Camaro are that it has 60's styling, a backseat and is the hottest thing on four wheels (right now). But the Vette is faster, corners better, gets better gas mileage and has a real LS3 (vs the L99 for A6 Camaros). I figure whatever I buy now I'll probably buy the other also within 3-4 years. So maybe its best to get the Vette now since its discounted and get the Camaro later when its not as hyped as much and possibly even have a Z/28 available. What do you guys think?
It's a hard choice because in 3-4 years, the direct injection engine might be in the vette.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote