View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #1
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Rattles! AAARRRGG

Let me start by saying that I love this car. Fast, fun, comfortable, and refined.

2LT RS V6 manual trans

I have a couple rattles that have developed and are bothering the hell out of me.

The most annoying is the door panel rattle. Even at low volumes there is a rattle caused by the woofers (bose system). Pressing firmly on the knee bolster or arm rest stops the rattle. But, of course it's impossible to drive that way.

The 2nd rattle is an odd one. In 3rd gear under moderate to full throttle there is a pronounced rattle from the stick shift. It doesn't sound like the stick itself but applying gentle pressure forward on the stick eliminates the rattle.

Does anyone else have these same rattles? Have you tried to fix them? I'd rather not have the dealer fix these small problems as I don't trust them not to damage something in the interior when tearing into the car. I'll probably try to find my trim tools and try to fix them myself.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 05-04-2016 at 01:33 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote