View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 10:56 PM   #1
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
1LE soon for sale...purchased a 2016 Mazda CX-3 Touring

Long story short...I'm military and Oahu, Hawaii bound ~May 2016.

Reasons to buy a small CUV rather than keep 1LE in Hawaii:

-high salt water in the air in HI
-very heavy crime rate in HI "especially with a car like (mine)"[the 1LE that is]
-a need for an automatic in the very bad traffic
-much batter gas mileage
-far more practical vehicle for beach day and other activities on the island
-far better ground clearance for the beach; parking in grass/off-road areas
-costs HALF of what my Camaro did in stock form (looking to save/invest more $ leading up to retirement in less than 5 yrs

Great story about purchase of CX-3 under pics if you care for a laugh.
2016 Mazda CX-3 Touring in Ceramic Silver:

threw in a review vid just cause:

So, the dealership found me a Sport (base trim) ...did the credit check, agreed on a price, signed financial papers, shook hands and got the "It'll be here mid next week, I'll call you." Deal done!
I went in the next morning to see if it would be to me before I left to to Myrtle Beach for a car weekend with my 1LE...and they said the Sales Mgr at the dealership the car was supposed to come from bc the local dealerships I was working with "had an allocation they would send to them for the exchange" and all was well...that Sales Mgr sold my car from underneath me that following morning after I had a deal. I, was, LIVID.....
After much complaining and "bad business" remarks and showing understanding that it was the OTHER dealership and not them, the local dealer found me a higher trim (Touring...$2315 MSRP difference) and I talked them down on price and at the end of the day...

...I got a higher trim for less $ than the lower trim and it's getting delivered a day or two earlier...WINNING!

Crushes me to sell my 1LE but its the smartest thing I could do right now leaving to HI in a few months and help setting me up better financially for my retirement gift to myself in 2020/21...maybe a Gen7?

Last edited by SUKXOST; 10-10-2015 at 07:00 AM.
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote