View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 10:28 AM   #23989
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StentS View Post
Hiya Guys...... I made it 2500+ miles in 3 days in a Corvette across America.... Another bucket list item with a check mark ... Really happy with the car,,,, but not as happy as my son....
Glad you arrived safely and had a good trip! I'd be smiling like that too if my awesome dad gave me a Vette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
On one hand, I agree. If people can drink responsibly, not be obnoxious or violent, then to each his own...
On the other hand, cars and alcohol don't go together, so what kind of message is it sending - especially to kids who attend shows or other car events - for the participants to be drinking??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarlos55 View Post
I really didn't mean to start a S...storm over the Jello shots. Please note that I said nothing about car shows, cruise-ins, cruises... Alcohol has no place at any of those. On the other hand, at an event like cfest, in a hotel parking lot when the cars are parked for the night, I don't really have an issue there.

OK. I'll sit down and shut up now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Oh, no - you didn't start it!! When the Mustang group accused the Camaro group of drinking before driving in the parade, that was what REALLY got me thinking! Drinking in a hotel parking lot, AFTER the event is fine by me! Enjoy your Jello shots, and have an extra for me, since I can't be there...
I generally don't, but have had upon occasion to have an adult beverage at shows. I don't drink and drive, that's why I have Gary Ditto on the after the show libations.
I am really concerned about the driving in a parade. Not only just for safety reasons, the driver, kids along the parade route, people in general, but now for the reputation of that Camaro club. It was irresponsible actions of that participant that can have more repercussions in the future for that group/any Camaro group being involved in public activities.