View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
SilverRay

Drives: 2014 Silver C7 Z51 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
Didnt think GM took first orders/allocations till may 31
You are correct on May 31st, the order may have been placed in April but it wouldn’t have been accepted by GM until after May 31st and when the dealer had an allocation available, the information posted above is not from the GM OrderWorkbench where orders are made and status is updated.

I hope I’m not getting off topic but some dealers don’t explain to their customers how the ordering process works, that’s why so many members don’t understand why their stuck at 1100 status for so long. Simply put they won’t move until the dealer has an allocation for that order. Your pecking order of getting your Stingray built doesn’t go by the date of the order but rather the date that the order was accepted by GM production control (3000) meaning the parts are available to build this order. Good example is when Kelly stated elsewhere that if you’re at 3000 and have the FAY option then you’re good. When I ordered my Stingray my dealer had 3 allocations and 3 orders for FAY option but only 1 went to 3000 (mine) the other 2 had to eliminate that option to proceed to 3000. Sorry for rambling on
SilverRay is offline   Reply With Quote