View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #30
imported_Snowvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Are you still loving your brz? Even missing the camaro at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
And speaking of the BRZ.... what made you decide on the BRZ vs. the FRS?
I do still love the BRZ, but having two cars sitting in my garage with summer only tires was killing me this week. My Dakota was in the shop all weekend with massive issues related to a bad caliper on the right front. Had to swollow some humble pie and borrow my father's Equinox to get to and from work since we had an inch of snow each day.

With that being said, the BRZ and the Camaro are drastically different animals. The BRZ isn't underpowered for what they wanted it to be, but a bit more would be nice. The balance and handling on it make it incredibly fun to drive. This time of the year, I have to flip a coin to decide which one I want to drive. Summer will probably be a different story when it get's nice enough to drop the top on the Camaro again.

Regarding the choice of the BRZ over the FR-S, I liked the interior on the BRZ better and also liked that there were some options available on the BRZ that you couldn't get stock on the FR-S. I stumbled across the BRZ Limited in my favorite color, used on a Chevy lot. I hadn't planned on buying one this year, but I couldn't pass up the deal. For being a mid to high $20k car, the interior is very nice on it. Ironically enough, the previous owner had traded it in on a Camaro SS because he wanted more power.

I agree with him that the power in the Camaro is much nicer, but the agile handling of that BRZ makes up for a lot when it comes to finding joy in a drive.
Attached Images

imported_Snowvert is offline   Reply With Quote