View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #50
shockandawe

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Thanks everyone.

I can't really notice a difference between the 4 and 6 to be honest because I only drove a couple gen6's around town on test drives. They're not very grabby like the brakes on my Charger and that's likely because I upgrade the pads to Hawks and they're new. Upgrading the pads I think is a must on either the 4 or 6 pistons. The 6 pistons are really meant to hold up better if you ever go to a track.

I do notice the MRC and the clutch. The MRC is awesome. If you go from track suspension on a bumpy highway, you can feel your head bobble a little. Switch to MRC on the fly and you just feel the vibration of the bumps through the steering wheel but your head doesn't move at all. That's the easiest way to describe it.

The clutch gave me some trouble since I have very limited experience driving manual. I couldn't feel it grab at all when I first drove the car and I stalled - A LOT. Then I started focusing on the RPM's the heads up display gave me a visual reminder as well. It's just something that a person new to a stick will struggle with at first, then it becomes second nature. I practiced all night.

Funny story - I go to fill up before calling it a night at the gas station. This cute Brazillian chick comes over to me and asks me to help her find her button to open her gas cap...and her car definitely wasn't new LOL!
Hoochi Mama!
shockandawe is offline   Reply With Quote