Thread: New User!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #101
camarosc35

Drives: 1989 Camaro RS (435+hp, 435 lb./ft)
I should add that I owned a 1982 6 cylinder Camaro Sports Coupe (107 bhp), an eight cylinder (think 268 Cubic Inch) Camaro Sports Coupe, note sure if 1983, for about two weeks until I totalled it, then went right back and got an HO Z28 (350, 180 bhp), not sure what year, an IROC Z (not sure of year, senility is creeping in) and, finally, the coupe de grace, a 1969 Camaro sports coupe I drove for ten years, to the ground, well off road, but drivable, and gave that to my son. My brother had a 1971 Camaro Sports Coupe, a 1969 ragtop, 1982 Camaro ZF, and currently a 1969 Camaro RS and 1970 and a-half Camaro RS. So, I know my Camaros, won't mention the countless hours tinkering with them or how many in the shop or all the money spent or restoration, upgrades and repair, either. So, you know I am VERY critical of the 2009 model and already wrote to GM about it. I would have to say I would need to see one in person to judge for sure what I think about it. Looks like the grille could be a litter wider and the round headlights more pronounced, though the hideaway lights seem to work, and there seems too much plastic used in the rear quarter panel area. Outside of that, the side view looks very nice, the rear section seems okay, but not sure if in person there is too much plastic below the taillights, too. I personally like the interior, at least in the pictures. Overall symmetry seems fine, from the side view, I would even say that the 2008 surpasses the 1969 - but have to see if the raked, angular quarter panel style looks good in person, though in some pictures it does appear as a curve. The roofline is definitely better than in 1969, specifically, the rear window which in the 1969, if I could find one flaw, it would be that the rear window (facing trunk area) is a bit steep and would appear dated by today's design standards. As far as the powertrain, the engine, transmission, suspension, tires, no contest, I would love to take the 2009 for a test spin, I might even bring in back in one piece.
camarosc35 is offline   Reply With Quote