Thread: 45th EDITION
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #1976
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
45th EDITION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbr View Post
What did you end up with for a replacement?. I really don't like the back up screen in the mirror.

I used the pac audio radio kit. Looks much better than the other 2. Pretty much got everything working, minus OnStar with the phone which I never use anymore anyway. But I got the amp working steering wheel controls back up camera and everything.

I do recommend if you were thinking of changing a radio definitely get the harness from GEN5DIY to either split or move the back up camera to the radio. Worth noting, if you just MOVE the video signal over, you will not retain the back up lines. That must be built into the rear view mirror.

I also HIGHLY suggest if you do NOT need a CD/DVD player, get a mechless unit. The dashboard is so tight back there it was difficult getting everything to fit. And if you do go mechless, it is less cutting behind the dash, you will have a much better time with fitting everything back there.

Also, I put a 7” pioneer screen in that kit, but I can’t get the motorized face to open. So no access to the cd/dvd or SD slot. Can not remove the screen either.

One thing I did loose, was the backup sensor noise, but the radio kit gives you a chime module that beeps similar to the back up sensor. Thing the seat noise, but it also does the backup noise now as well.

I did have an issue where I didn’t have any turn signal noise either which I was unhappy about. But randomly when I started driving it started to make noise. Supposedly according to PAC, they claim the stock radio makes the blinker noise to mimic the older cars having a relay make the noise.

If you want more info, send me a PM

Last edited by 45thCamaro; 02-01-2019 at 07:57 AM.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote