Thread: Museum Delivery
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
I plan on picking up my Stingray at the Corvette Museum (R8C option). However I will have an over 1500 mile drive home and want to protect the paint from bugs and chips on the drive. Any temporary solutions I have searched like Plasti Dip and Armour All are not intended for fresh paint/fresh clearcoat. What suggestions/solutions have been successfully tried, if any, in similar situations? The only other possibility I can think of is using painters tape like sometimes done at the track. Thanks in advance for thoughts!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesC5 View Post
JS... Your concerns are exactly why I haven't done the Museum option. Other than a bra (ugh), I doubt there is really anything you can do to protect your car from chips. At least not that I know of...

I'd love to do the museum pickup. But I don't want any chips on the front of my car before I even have a chance to detail her. Heck, I even have the dealership call me when my car comes in. I watch them take it off the loader and into the dealership. If there are any dealer options to be installed, I let them. Otherwise they don't do anything to her. I detail her myself. Anal? Yeah, I admit it. Just remember, no one is going to take care of her as well as you will..
Good luck...hope you're able to get her home safely.
it's called an enclosed trailer guys.

if your that worried about something as normal as road wear... just trailer the car.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote