View Single Post
Old 11-13-2015, 12:20 PM   #9
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciscokid View Post
Good for you...GM isn't listening to its customers having issues with the Camaro or the vette. I was plagued with issues on my 2 year old vette, 6 weeks in the shop, with 48000 miles and couldn't even get a phone call from Chevy customer service.

GM is losing customers left and right because you aren't listening to your customers.

I tell everyone I talk to about my poor customer support on my 2014 corvette plagued with problems and the poor support I got from GM.

Glad to hear GM lost another customer due to their inability to support their customers with real issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnu View Post
I feel, It's a shame to hear...........
yes it is a shame and GM doesn't care....

not sure if any car manufacturer really cares, but I will say this, my wife owns a 2007 Camry Hybrid. She has just over 80,000 miles on it.

up until 3 weeks ago it had NEVER been to the dealer for any warranty work, it has run solid like a champ for 9 years.

3 Weeks ago her hybrid battery failed. Now in July we took it in right before the 8 year/80,000 mile mark (when the battery warranty expires) and asked them to test the battery, they said it was fine and charging @ 95%, 2 months later it completely failed, and the car was dead, we were then past the 8/80 warranty by 2 1/2 months and 1,800 miles.

Toyota quoted us $4,400 for a new battery, I made an off hand comment about how we were just there 2 months ago and they told us the battery was fine.. I wasn't complaining, I wasn't arguing, I just made an off hand comment about how irritating it was especially since I had just finished my GM buy back the week before.

The Service Advisor said "really?, let me look" he looked up the previous work order, made a call, and came back and said Toyota is going to warranty the battery as a good will gesture, and they gave us a new warranty on it. Good until 150,000 miles regardless of age.

I have never owned an import, I have always bought American, but that behavior coupled with the fact the Camry went 8 years without any dealer visits, I decided to buy a Toyota product, but since I am not a fan of sedans or FWD cars I went with a Lexus RC-F:

very comparable to a Corvette, while the Vette is a bit faster and has more torque, a 475hp 5.0 V8 isn't a bad compromise. It has all the same features as the Corvette, down to the competition seats and lap timers.

It is a bit heavy compared to the Vette, but that's because it has a back seat. but all in all I am happy with it, it is very fun to drive, especially in track mode.